History of Our Lady of Remedies Church, Kirem

The parish of Our Lady of Remedies – Kirem is situated 30 kms. To the North-East of Mangalore, 10 kms. off the  Arabian sea-coast. It is one of the most ancient parishes of Mangalore diocese. It was the seat of the Goan Vicar generals till 1886 when the ecclesiastical unit of Mangalore was  raised to the status of a diocese. The Parish of Kirem at the time of its establishment was enveloped in the west by the parishes of Our Lady  of Immaculate Conception Ghazni (Mulky), in the north by Our  Lady of Health at Shirva, in the north-east by St. Lawrence at Karkal in the east by St. Joseph at Pezar, in the south-east by the Holy Cross at Bidrem (Hospet) and in the south by Our Lady of Rosary at Bolar and our Lady of Milagres in Mangalore.

Toponymy and Origin of the Parish :   

One of the popular traditions among the parishioners of Kirem, which is also published in some souvenirs, says that there is a place called Quirem in  Goa where a church dedicated to Our Lady of Remedies exists, and that a Goan priest from this place was sent here  (Quirem) as a missionary, who on his arrival here named this place  Quirem and built a church dedicated  to our Lady of Remedies*.    

Inquiries made in Goa reveal that there is no place in Goa by the name ‘Quirem’, though there are several Toponymies suffixed with the name ‘Quirem’.    

An interesting etymological meaning of the word ‘Quirem’ is given in the Diocese of Mangalore’*1. According to its author the word Quirem comes from the word ‘KIRANT’ which means a blood  sucking insect found on animals.    

Some elderly local people opine that the name Quirem might have come from the word KERE of KIRE (=a lake in Tulu Language). They say that there was a big lake, the traces of which are visible even today, in the area called Bata, on the  eastern side of the church, and that the church come to be called the church of the lake  (Kire-da-Ingreji). This explanation seems to be plausible.   

The tradition relating to the establishment of the parish by a Goan priest deserves our attention.  On enquiry it was found that there are two places in Goa, one with a church and another with a chapel dedicated to our Lady of Remedies. The church is located at a place called Nerul in Bardez (N. Goa). It was founded in 1569 by Franciscan priests.  The history of this parish says that some Christian families of this parish migrated in the past to other places due to religio economic reasons*2.  Perhaps some migrant families from this place came and settled here in Kirem.   

The chapel dedicated to our Lady of Remedies however is found on a hill top in Quelim Vado of Cansaulim Parish founded by Jesuits in 1581, in Saleette are of South Goa.  The hill of the chapel is named after Our Lady of Remedies (Remed Maiecho Dongor) and a feast of great solemnity is celebrated in the chapel on the 6th of January every year.

Besides the above two places, we have one more ancient parish church dedicated to Our Lady of Remedies at Gulmona (Gundubala) near Honnavar(Uttar Kannada) in Karwar Dioces which was destroyed by Tippu, but later on was rebuilt by local Christians.

This oral tradition gained credibility among the parishioners, in the absence of any historical evidence.  In fact, even now, persons who are in their eighties say, that they can recall the history of the parish, as told by their forefathers, only from the time of the second Anglo-Mysore War (1784) i. e. from the time of the captivity of Christians.

The origin of Kirem parish is surrounded in the mist of obscurity.  But we have here and there some historical glimpses, pointing out to the origin of the parish.  Among such materials we have a palm leaf manuscript  which states that in 1730 A. D. Chennaraya Samantha, a feudatory of the Nayaks of Keladi and the them Chief of Mulky, at the request of the Christians of this area, permitted the sale of land at Kadukambla of Aikala village for the construction of a church for  Santa-Maria*.  The Text of the palm leaf runs thus in Kannada.

History tells us that when Tippu Sultan led the Christians into captivity to Srirangapattanam (near Mysore) on the fateful night of Ash Wednesday(24th Feb.) of 1784, churches and christians were confiscated-etc and that many were forcibly converted to Islam.  When Tippu realized around 1789, that the persecution of Christians had an adverse effect on his political survival (the exodus of fugitive Christians to the neighbouring kingdoms turned other rulers hostile to Tippu and the British too hardened their stance against Tippu) he invited around 1792, the fugitive Christians to his kingdom whith the promise of rebuilding their churches and resorting their properties at his cost.  But the Christians doubted the intentions of the Muslim ruler.  Hence it appears to be unlikely that the Parish of Kirem was established in 1794 as mentioned in the diocesan directory of Mangalore, when there was no safety for the life and property of the Christians.  Further, in the light of what has been narrated above, we can conclude that the parish of Kirem might have been established between 1730 (purchase of land for the church ) and 1759 when Fr. Alvares came and stayed here for more that two years. Perhaps the Parish had its origin around 1740.*

We are in the dark regarding the period from Fr. Alvares’s departure from Kirem to Raia of Margoa in 1761 to the period of the captivity.  We have no records to reconstruct the history of the period.

Captivity and Kirem Parish:

Oral tradition and recorded history tell us that many Christians of Kirem Parish were taken captives to Srirangapattanam  by Tippu in 1784 and that the Kirem church was demolished.  When a priest called “Fr. Paulinus visited Kirem in 1794, he found the church in ruins”*1.

It is narrated that when the parishioners of Kirem were being taken into captivity, a boy of Saldanha family was hidden by a Bunt family of Shetties.  The boy was looked after by the Bunts as a member of their own family.  Even gold rings were put on his ear lobes and he was called Shetty.  Later, when the family member of the boy was restored to his family by the Bunts.  The boy’s descendants came to be called Shetties or Shet.  There are Christians in Kirem Parish who are called by the surname Shet even to this day.*2

A noteworthy custom in Kirem Parish dating back to the period of captivity of Christians ought to be mentioned here. It is said that when the Christians of Kirem were taken captives, some of Tippu’s men ordered the local Hindus to dismantle  the building of Kirem church and transport its tiles, timber and even stones of the walls to Ghazni (Mulky) to build a palatial house for a prominent Muslim there.  Accordingly tiles and timber were carried to Ghazni.

But  the  Patel of Talipady village who was a bunt  and a person of Importance, and a few other prominent  Bunts secretly instructed the men involved in the dismantling of the church to break the stones deliberately while detaching them from the walls. Then they reported the matter to muslims and said the stones of the church wall couldn’t be detached without breaking them. This manipulation was done to save the Hindus from the burden of carrying the stones to Ghazni which is 10kms. Away from Kirem, and also to save the stone structure of the church where thus left standing, and the re-roofing of the church (first a thatched one, and later a tiled one), was done after the return of the Christians from the captivity. As a mark of gratitude towards the Bunts from saving the stone structure of the church, even to this day, on the day of Kirem parish feast candles of honour, betel leaves , areca-nuts and a bunch of plantains are given to the  Bunts families. They receive them with dignity and pride.   

A story narrating the re-roofing of the church in 1810 says that the local Christians of Kirem deputed one Mr Miranda to approach the collectors in Mangalore with an appeal to allot the required timber for re-roofing the church. When Miranda went to the collector with the appeal and with two citrons as a gift to him, the butler of the collector, asked Miranda to keep the citrons on the table there, and taking the appeal inside, marked the seal of approval of the collector and sent him to back. Miranda joyfully showed the sanction order to the Patel  of the village, who was not well-versed with English but seeing the seal of the collector released the government stock of timber, which was piled up for some other purpose. The fraud of the butler came to light later, when the government officials notified that a sizeable quantity of timber was missing from the pile and ordered an inquiry into the matter. Miranda, realized the seriousness of the matter rushed at once to the collectors in Mangalore, and on obtaining a promise of pardon from him narrated the story of obtaining the collector’s sanction order. The collectors  was amused to see the cunningness of the butler and the good faith of Miranda. The enquiry then was quashed. Miranda returned home jubilantly.    

The re-roofing of Kirem was  also used for Christians of Mulky, as their church was demolished by Tippu’s men and was not re-erected by then. But the Christians of Mulky kept aloof from Kirem parishioners as they had their own priest registers- etc Thus an abnormal arrangement of parish was created, which gave rise to some frictions, and compelled the Christians of the Mulky to build a church of their own at Kinnigoli.   

Apart from the events narrated above, we have hardly any   historical information of 18th century relating to Kirem parish.   

Coming to the history of 19th century, we have a list of parish priests ok Kirem as given by Rev. Moore S.J. in his book “The History of the Diocese of Mangalore.” The list is given at the end of this article. 

Goan Schism of 1837 and Kirem Parish:

The occurrence of the Goan schism of 1837, was due to the double jurisdictions of Portuguese  Padroado and Propagation of faith (propaganda fide) of Rome on churches in Canara. It had its impact on Kirem Pasish.

Padroado means protectorate. In the 16th century the Pope gave to the crown of Portugal the monopoly of the patronage of Missions in India. Accordingly, the Portuguese got the right to send missionaries, to establish bishoprics (dioceses) and the right to present candidates for bishoprics and benefices. Granting of such powers to the Portuguese kings by the Pope was justified because the Pope was not able to send missionaries to India due to the difficulties in navigation. Besides, the church in India needed some royal protection against the attacks of pagans and heretics.

In 1836, the queen of Portugal, whose legitimacy to the throne was in question, nominated Rev. Antonio Feliciano de Santa Rita Carvallo as the Arch bishop elect of Goa, the See having been vacant. Carvallo’s appointment was not approved by the Pope, because of the internal rivalry in the Royal Family to the crown of Portugal at that time. Yet Carvallo came to Goa and assumed the office of the Archbishop. The then Vicar Capitular of Goa, abdicated the charge of the diocese in favour of Carvallo, though he was not bound to do legally, out of respect for the crown of Portugal.

Great confusion arose in the minds of the clergy and the laity both in Goa and Canara, over the legitimacy of the bishopric of Carvallo, Some accepted his authority and adhered the Padroado of Portugal, whereas others rejected it and showing allegiance to Propaganda (Rome) come under the jurisdiction of the Verapoly Bishop (in Kerala) Christains at Kallianpur and Shirva were split into two groups. This happened also in Kirem.

At this time (1837) there was a Goan priest in Kirem, Fr Joachim E. Mark da Costa, who owed allegiance to Archbishop Carvallo and thereby remained under Padroado, whereas most of the Kirem Parishioners refused to accept the jurisdiction of Bishop Carvallo and locally, of their parish priest Da Costa and thereby over to the propaganda (Verapoly). We have a lengthy letter dated 20th February 1857, of Fr Da Costa, written to Archbishop Carvallo of Goa, wherein he calls the supporters of Propaganda as wolves who are out destroy him and try to take over Kirem church. He mentions in the letter that the dispute of jurisdiction over Kirem Parish was in the court in  Mangalore, etc., and request the Archbishop of Goa to send the successor as he was worn out due to this struggle. Fr Da Costa died and was buried at Kirem but he was labeled as schismatic due to his refusal to go over to Verapoly.

The problem of Padroado – Propaganda was solved by the Concordat of 1857 between the holy See and the King of Portugal. As per this concordat, the Kirem Parish in 1863 was brought under Padroado, i.e. Goa which by this time had a Bishop approved by Rome.

We are again in the dark, regarding the history of Kirem Parish in the second half of 19th century. Though we have the list of the Parish Priests of Kirem, hardly anything is known about the events of this period. Two Goan Vicar Generals viz Fr. Avelino Jose Mark Baretto (1876-1880) and Fr. Joseph Lucas Das Reis(1880-1887) resided at Kirem, and served Kirem as its Parish Priests.

With the dawning of the twentieth century, we have some reliable information on the history the Parish.

Rev. Fr. Aloysius John D’souza (1903-08): A Devout Priest
He was the first Mangalorean Parish Priest at Kirem, the earlier being Goans Fr. A. J. D’Souza was a great devotee of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and of Our Lady of the Rosary. He spread these devotions in the Parish with great zeal and enthusiasm. He Christened the local parish school as Pompeii Elementary  (in 1903).He had a nice horse to reach the distant places of the parish for the spiritual needs of the people.

Rev. Fr. Salvadore D’Souza  ( 1908-14) : A dynamic Priest
Fr. A.J. D’Souza was succeeded by Fr. Salvadore D.Souza. Fr. Salvador upgraded the elementary school by opening Std. IV, V, VI and VII classes. He built the new Pompeii Higher Elementary school building and also the presbytery of the church which served its purpose till 1995. He also built the Palladka church as outstation. He was transferred to Palladka church as its founder Parish Priest.

Fr. Emmanuel M.Rebello: (1914-37) A zealous priest
Fr. Emmanuel M.Rebello came to Kirem in 1914 and spent 23 fruitful years> he was short and sturdy in stature.  He was a priest of eminent  zeal. During his tenure he improved the Pompeii Higher primary school and started a new Elementary school at Elinje –Patte. He also started two substations (chapels) one at Balakunje and the other at Niddodi. He was transferred  in1937 to Pezar as its Parish  Priest and Vicar Forane.

Rev. Fr George Menezes  D.D (1937-51) The Architect  of the present Church edifice
Fr. George was popularly known as D.D   Menezes because he had a doctorate  in Divinity  a rare distinction in those days. His term as parish priest is called  the golden age in the history of Kirem parish. During the 14 years  of his regime, he did  many memorable works. He built the present magnificent (4th) church of Kirem which was blessed in 1943. It was he who  with great difficulties obtained permission from  the government of Madras and started the Pompeii High School of Kirem parish in 1945 which is renowned for its academic excellence. The Elinje Higher School, which was  owned and managed by some local people was taken  over by Fr. Menezes after skillful negotiations. Thereafter this Hr. Primary School at Elinje, under the ,management of catholic Board of education-Mangalore and the Correspondent of Fr. Menezes, made steady progress.Fr. Menezes   spared no efforts to improve the spiritual tone of Kirem pariah. Retreats, devotions   and the administration of sacraments were duly taken care of .  Owing to stress and strain, his health deteriorated. His ill health forced him to relinquish the charge of the parish in 1951 and to go on leave for treatment. He was then appointed the Parish priest of Niddodi Church. he passed away  on 8th February  1954  due to a massive  cardiac arrest  and his mortal remains  w4ere brought to Kirem  and laid to rest in the church built by him.  

Fr. P.D.G.Rego (1951-55)
Fr.P.D.G.Rego took charge of Kirem parish, as its parish Priest on 17th June 1951. Though his tenure of office n was only for four years, he  carried out some important works at Kirem. He affixed glass shutters to all the window frames of the church. He also constructed the two side altars in the church which raised a controversy between the diocesan authority and Fr. Rego. He was transferred to Palladka church in 1955 where he remained till 1967.

Fr. Basil A.D’Souza (1955-69)
Fr. Basil A.D’Souza spent 14  years  of priestly life at Kirem as its parish priest and the headmaster of Pompeii high School. His ministry at Kirem m was quite eventful.

He renovated the church building by mobilizing local resources. The flooring of the church with bricks, and the white washing and painting mof the entire church were done. He built  the magnificent belfry of the church  and installed on it the three huge  sonorous bells imported by him. He invited the Bethany Sisters to Kirem Parish and established their convent here.

Fr. Basil was great devotee of the Blessed Virgin Mary and a man of prayer and austerity. He improved the spiritual life of the parishioners.

Fr. Basil was an academician too. He was nicknamed as Shakespeare for his knowledge of English and love for the language. As a headmaster and educationist he strove for all round development of students and the institution. He extended the high school building  to accommodate the growing number of students. He upgraded the high school into Junior College. It was during his headmastership that Mr. Ambrose D’Souza a student of Pompeii P.U.College secured the first rank in S.S.L.C public Examinations of March 1960.

Fr. Abundius F.D’Souza (1969-82- A silent Worker
Fr. Abundius succeeded Fr. Basil A.D’Souza in 1969 and served the parish for 13 years. He was an unostentatious worker. He built the present strong and spacious building of Pompeii Higher Primary School near the church. He also acquired the land in front of the church and enclosed the huge church compound with a strong wall of laterite stones. But for Abundius, the church compound would not have been what it is today.

To make the parish church self-sufficient Fr. Abundius converted the land in the rear side of the presbytery into a coconut farm. He also installed a pump set to irrigate the coconut garden.

To uplift the economically backward people he introduced Food for Work project in the parish. Both Catholics and non-Catholics of the locality greatly benefitted from this project.

Fr.Abundius also added a new block to the Elinje Little Flower school. The school celebrated its Diamond Jubilee during his tenure as correspondent of the school.

Realizing the importance of history in the life of an institution,. Fr. Abundius made a maiden attempt-t to write the history of Kirem parish by contacting the elderly people in the parish. His manuscript is the only recorded history found in the archives of Kirem parish church.

Fr. Abundius, by his polite and humane ways, endeared himself to his flock. His tenure was a period of harmonious relationship between the pastor and the flock.

Fr.Aloysius Alvares (1969-81) A Dedicated Teacher
Though not a Parish Priest of Kirem, the services of Fr. Aloysius Alvares to the educational apostolate of the parish do find an honorable place in the history of Kirem Parish.

He came to Kirem in 1969 as the Principal of Pompeii Pre-University College and served the institution in that capacity for 12 years. During his Principalship   Mr. Valerian peter Rodrigues secured the first rank in science in P.U.C. public examinations of October 1970. Initially, in addition to his responsibilities in the College, he rendered his services to the parish as its assistant parish priest (1969-71).

On shifting his residence to the campus of Pompeii P.U.College, fr. Alvares dedicated himself to the all round development of the institution. He removed the wooden planks of the first floor of the high school block and replaced them with concrete slabs, at a cost of over a lakh of rupees. He then undertook the task of putting up a storied science block. On completing it, he equipped the laboratories with modern equipment.  To accommodate the increasing number of students, he also put up another block of building on the western side of the existing college building. All these projects involved huge expenditure of several lakhs of rupees, which he collected by mobilizing local resources and by his personal contacts with his friends and well wishers. Fr. Alvares left Kirem in 1981 and thereafter retired from the teaching apostolate. He expired in the Church of St. Lawrence-Attur, Karkal due to a fatal cardiac arrest while offering the Mass there on 28th December 1996.

Fr. Bernard L.D’Souza (1982-83) A dauntless Priest
Fr. Bernard, strong and sturdy, both in mind and physique, was sent to Kirem for a specific task. Though he was the Parish Priest of Kirem just for a year, he spent 14 years (1981-95) in Kirem in the educational apostolate of the Parish. By residing in the Pompeii P.U.College campus, with his retired paternal uncle Fr.Joseph D’Souza, Fr. Bernard spent himself to buildup the existing educational institutions and to start new ones. As the Principal of Pompeii P.U.College, for 14 years he extended the building of this college by the addition of several class rooms and an auditorium. The high school section of Pompeii P.U.College which till then was admitting only boys was turned into a co-education school for the benefit of the local girls. He also set up a Computer Centre with 25 computers and an efficient staff to impart the knowledge of Computer science to all the PUC students and also to outsiders.

The specific task for which Fr. Bernard was sent to Kirem was to fulfill the long-felt need of establishing a First Grade College for the youth of the Parish and of the vicinity. Simultaneously while discharging the responsibilities, as the Principal of Pompeii P.U.College, strove for the establishment of the First Grade College.

Problems were many. Obtaining government’s  permission to start the college, acquisition of land, putting up buildings, equipping  them with furniture and other amenities such as  electricity  and water supply, leveling of playing grounds, depositing the security amount with the government, payment of staff-salary, construction of staff quarters and above all the financial constraints appeared to be insurmountable hurdles. But Fr. Bernard was a match to all these. He achieved his goal within a record time, brought the new college under govt.grants and turned Kirem into a reputed centre of higher education. He retired from service in 1995 and left Kirem to take charge of Bejai parish. 

Fr. Simon D’Souza (1983-84)
Fr. Simon was the parish priest of Kirem only for a year. Though the year he spent in Kirem appears to be an uneventful one, he looked after the spiritual needs of the people without any reservation. On account of his ill-health he had to leave Kirem within a year of his arrival.

Fr. Victor Saldanha (1984-87)
 Fr. Saldanha who came from Bantval parish took charge of Kirem parish in early April 1984. During his comparatively short stay here, he executed a number of works. He repaired the entire roof of the church, reconstructed the side wings of the church, making their stability and appearance better. He painted the sanctuary and the altar, installed a new sound system in the church. He also rebuilt the dilapidated Pompeii Pry. School at Patte.

Fr. Saldanha had an ambitious plan to buy a piece of land and put up a church at Mundkur. Though he faced with many problems in this venture, he succeeded in purchasing land for the church. However, he could not build the church as he was transferred to Kallianpur Church in 1987. He died at Kallianpur of a massive heart-attack in 1991.

Fr. Saldanha , while leaving Kirem on transfer to Kallianpur, handed over the charge of the parish  on 30-51987 as per the direction of the Bishop to rev. Fr. John Alfred Barboza, the Principal of Pompeii College. Fr. Barboza looked after the parish administration till the arrival of Fr. Vincent Martis the new parish.  

Fr. Vincent Martis (1987-94):   A true Pastor.
Fr. Martis took charge of Kirem parish on 1st July 1987. He was loved by the parishioners for his pastoral  outlook in his dealings with them. Children were his favorites often he would organize picnics and outings for them. He would not allow any child to be deprived of education for lack of finances. He had a soft corner min his heart for the underprivileged  of his parish. When the sick and invalid needed hospitalization   and were  unable to foot the heavy hospital bills for operations  like open heart surger4ies , Fr. Martis  would mobilize the parish to come to the help of hapless  patients in the hour of their need. His concern and solicitude for the poor people of the parish moved him to start (1) the revolving housing fund (2) medical relief fund and (3) the poor students educational relief fund for the benefit of Kirem parishioners.

Fr. Martis bought an organ for the church to encourage the choir of the Church. Seeing the erratic power supply, he also bought a big generator for the church.

Fr. Martis animated the parish with many training programmes. With a view of increasing the revenue of parish church, he evinced great interest in the cultivation of the coconut garden.

The greatest achievement of Fr. Martis , in material terms, is the  construction of an artistic, spacious and well  ventilated  church building and  a modest presbytery at Mundkur. These were blessed on 25-51994. The creation of Mundkur parish, as a filial parish of Kirem as just awaiting the  nod of  the diocesan authorities.

Fr. Martis handing over the charge of Kirem Parish, to his successor Fr. Valerian Pinto, went on transfer to Trasi parish in early June 1994.    

Fr. Valerian Pinto:  (1994-2001)
Fr. Valerian Pinto came from Nakre Parish and assumed the charge of Kirem parish on 6th June 1994.

He revitalized  the liturgy by the active and meaningful participation of the faithful. Regular Sunday masses were arranged in the newly built Mundkur Church for the convenience of the distant. He also animated the Pastoral Council and the various parish associations.  Basic Christian Communities, through regular ward wise get-together and prayer meetings, were made more active.

Fr. Pinto , on learning from the diocesan directory that the year 1794 was the year of the establishment of Kirem parish, inspired the parishioners to celebrate  the bi-centenary  of the parish  in a meaningful  and memorable  manner. The inaugural function of the bi-centenary jubilee celebration was held in 1994 itself. Fr. Pinto, giving due importance   to the spiritual rejuvenation of the parish on this occasion, undertook a number of means to achieve this end. Charismatic retreats, taking the picture of the  Blessed Virgin Mary in procession to every house and concluding prayer sessions are a few of them.

As the major projects of bi-centenary jubilee celebrations, the renovation and beautification of the church building, the construction of a new presbytery and a big parish hall, the publication of a souvenir etc. were carried out.

He was ably supported  by Fr.John Alfred Barboza, the principal of Pompeii College and Fr. Lawrence Rodrigues, the Principal of Pompeii P.U.College.

In 2001 he was transferred to Shirva as a Parish priest.

Fr. Charles Noronha  (2001-2008)  A silent Priest
 Fr. Charles came to Kirem Parish as a parish priest  in 2001, May. He strengthened the spiritual life of the people. During his seven years of priestly service in Kirem, he not only paid attention to the spiritual life of the parishioners  but also helped the poor students to continue their education.  He  saw the urgent needs of the P.U.College and built a new science block and a new auditorium.  He also laid   foundation stone for the Girls Hostel in the College.  He paid attention to the urgent needs of the college.  He was transferred to Udyavar parish in 2008..

Fr. Paul Pinto ( 2008-2015)
Fr. Paul Pinto is well remembered by the parishioners of Kirem, because of his multi-faceted personality. His main interest was to strengthen  the basic Christian communities  in Kirem. Regular meetings were conducted in the wards.  He created enthusiasm in them . He himself attended the meetings. He is known for his punctuality and discipline. He also organized music classes for those children who are interested in playing key-boards.Many children today play key boards during Sunday masses.   He renovated the church. He considered the church as a house of prayer and beautified the church. He  installed new kneelers , put a new sound system, beautified the cemetery, put inter-locks ,  laid out a  beautiful garden., renovated the parish hall etc.

He started  a Post-Graduate  course M.Com.in the College. He built  a new  St. John Paul II P.G. Block. A new library hall was added to the college. He also started  BCA course , however, it could not be  continued due to the lack of students.  He was transferred to Gurpur Pompei parish on June 7, . 2015.

Fr. Victor D’Mello   (June 6, 2015…….
Fr. Victor D’Mello assumed the charge of Parish priest on May 6, 2015. He came from Urwa parish.

- Source : www.kiremchurch.com


About Our Lady of  Remedies Parish, Kirem

Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Home | News | About Us | Sitemap | Contact

Copyright © 2015 - www.catholictime.com. All rights reserved.

Powered by eCreators.